Montag, 28. Januar 2008

The Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away

While still on bed Daniel woke me up with a sad news: "the Prophet died last night". Memories in May 1995 when the Prophet visited the island of Cebu for a regional conference flashed back on my mind. I had the blessing to meet him and other Apostles and General Authorities personally at the Mactan International Airport. Scenes of waiting and seeing them to come out and down the jet, pinning corsages on them and most special of all, shaking hands with him while he looked at me with his sparkling blue eyes and with a warm smile....these pictures are still so vivid in my memories. This experience will I never forget in my whole life.
I hold a strong testimony of the Prophet. I know he's called of God. He's a great leader and his works and words linger forever.

Keine Kommentare: